At CES, SAFETY IS OUR #1 PRIORITY! We have nearly 600 students who go home each afternoon several different ways (bus riders, car riders, daycare, etc.). Our main goal is to keep each child safe by making sure they are dismissed per their parent’s instructions to a location with appropriate supervision. In order to allow us to continue to support each parent’s dismissal plan, please continue to uphold the following dismissal-related procedures:
- Parents may NOT park in the main driveway of Charlotte Elementary School to await the start of our 3:00 p.m. dismissal. Anyone approaching the school prior to 2:45 p.m. MUST come into the building and sign in at the school office. We need your cooperation with this matter in order to ensure the overall safety of students, staff and parents, and to provide clear and immediate access to the school for first responders in the event of an emergency.
- ALL early checkouts at CES stop at 2:45 each day. This means that if you attempt to come into CES between 2:45 and 3:00, you will be directed to get back in the car rider line and we will dismiss your child to you as part of our regular car rider dismissal procedure starting at 2:55. If you need to check your child out of school early for an appointment, please do so no later than 2:45.
- If your child will be going home a different way than he or she usually does, parents are to send notice of this change to the child’s teacher IN WRITING on the day of the change. Please include your child’s first AND last name on the note, the teacher’s name, the date, and your signature.
- If you need to call the school to let us know of a change in your child’s dismissal plans for that day, you MUST call the school no later than 2:00 to let us know of the change. Again, please understand that we dismiss nearly 600 students each day and the last hour of the day is the busiest for our school office. We need a reasonable amount of time to get change messages and bus notes out to students and their teachers.
- NO TAG, NO CHILD. Anyone who comes to CES to pick up a student as a car rider MUST have a CAR RIDER tag. If you do not have a car rider tag, you will be required to come into the school office to sign the student out, get a tag and return to the car rider line.
CES MORNING CAR RIDER DROP-OFF PROCEDURES:
As always, thank you for assisting us in making your child’s school day as safe as possible. If you have any questions or concerns about these procedures please contact us at 740-5803.