CES MORNING CAR RIDER DROP-OFF PROCEDURES:
- Our CES morning bus room opens at 7:15 a.m. Any student who arrives at school prior to 7:15 am will be admitted to our Before School Daycare program and a fee will be assessed. Parents/Guardians will be responsible for this fee.
- Pull all the way up to the stop sign. If your car is parked next to the awning, have them exit the car. This will allow the maximum number of cars to unload at a time, keeping our car rider line flowing.
- Your child should be ready to get out of the car as soon as you stop. Please remain in your vehicle. If your child needs assistance, a staff member will be there to help.
- Put your car in PARK when you stop to let your child out and do not move forward until you are directed to do so by our staff.
- Only use the INSIDE LANE when dropping off your child. This is the lane closest to the building. DO NOT let your child out of the car in the other parking areas.
- Remind your child to get out of the car (if at all possible) on the RIGHT side of the car so that he or she will not have to come around in front of or back of the car out of your sight. IF your child must get out on the left-hand side of your vehicle, please have them walk around IN FRONT of your vehicle so that you can watch him or her go all the way around the car to the sidewalk.
- Remind your child to NEVER go back to the car if he or she has forgotten or dropped something. Often, drivers are unable to see children who run back toward cars.
- BY LAW, the use of cell phones is prohibited inside a school zone and while operating a motor vehicle.
- Do not park in either lane of traffic or under our covered drop-off area. If you need to walk to the school building with your child, please park in one of the available parking spaces.
Afternoon Dismissal Procedures
At CES, SAFETY IS OUR #1 PRIORITY! We have nearly 500 students who go home each afternoon several different ways (bus riders, car riders, daycare, etc.). Our main goal is to keep each child safe by making sure they are dismissed per their parent’s instructions to a location with appropriate supervision. In order to allow us to continue to support each parent’s dismissal plan, please continue to uphold the following dismissal-related procedures:
1. ALL early checkouts at CES stop at 2:45 each day. This means that if you attempt to check out a student between 2:45 and 3:00, you will be directed to get back in the car rider line and we will dismiss your child to you as part of our regular car rider dismissal procedure starting at 2:55. If you need to check your child out of school early for an appointment, please do so no later than 2:45.
2. If your child needs to go home a different way than usual, contact the teacher IN WRITING, either by written note or digitally through Class Dojo or email. If a need arises throughout the day for you to change your student's dismissal plan, call the school office by 2:00. It takes a considerable amount of time to dismiss our entire student body and the last hour of the school day is by far our busiest time. The later we get the information, the greater the likelihood a miscommunication could occur. Again, our students' safety is our #1 priority - please help us by being as prepared as possible.
3. Cars will not be permitted in the left lane until after 2:45 pm in order to provide clear and immediate access to the school for first responders in the event of an emergency. Thank you for your help and understanding in this matter.
4. Change in Release Location: Students will exit through the gym doors in two shifts. Line 1 will be released to the first 8-10 cars. Then, Line 2 will be release to the next 8-10 cars. Several adults will be located between the two lines of cars. Students are asked to walk through the center of traffic so an adult can always have the children in sight. Cars will be dismissed once all students from both lines are safely in cars. We will repeat this process until all students are picked up.
*Parents of younger children: In an effort to expedite dismissal, please help us by teaching your child to buckle themselves into their car seats independently. The disruption to the flow of traffic when parents must get out of their vehicles to secure children in car seats delays our dismissal unnecessarily.
5. Only those with CES issued car rider tags will be permitted to pick up a CES student in the car rider line. If there is no tag, you will be asked to park while we verify your identity as someone who has been identified by the guardian as allowed to pick up their child. If you need a car tag, call the school office. Every student is given 2 free tags per school year. Additional tags can be purchased for $2.00 each. Tags can be reused from school year to school year.
As always, thank you for assisting us in making your child’s school day as safe as possible. If you have any questions or concerns about these procedures please contact us at 740-5803.