The Dickson County School System has established a procedure for parents/guardians of Title students to report a complaint regarding the Title Program.
- The parent/guardian should contact the regular classroom teacher regarding any concern about their child's program or school service.
- The regular education teacher should contact the Title teacher and schedule a meeting with the parent.
- The school principal should attend the meeting and work with the teacher to resolve the complaint.
- If the parent/guardian is not satisfied that the complaint has been resolved, the school principal should refer the issue to the Federal Programs Supervisor.
- The Federal Programs Supervisor should review the complaint with the parent/guardian and the Superintendent.
- If the parent/guardian continues to feel the issue is unresolved, the District should inform and assist the parent/guardian with the opportunity to speak to the Board of Education.