3030 Trace Creek Rd
White Bluff, TN 37187
The original William James was built in 1923 on land donated by Colonel William James, a Spanish–American War officer from whom it gets its team sports name, the Colonels. Colonel William James is entombed within the current building. For many years all twelve grades were on the site, at some point the school became just a high-school. At the conclusion of the 1971-1972 school year the 1923 building was demolished. In 1972 the school became a junior high serving grade 7-9 until 1999 when the school was chaged to a middle school serving grades 6-8 as part of the district realignment.
The mission of William James Middle School is to provide opportunities for academic and social growth for all students in a safe learning environment.