At CES, SAFETY IS OUR #1 PRIORITY! We have nearly 500 students who go home each afternoon several different ways (bus riders, car riders, daycare, etc.). Our main goal is to keep each child safe by making sure they are dismissed per their parent’s instructions to a location with appropriate supervision. In order to allow us to continue to support each parent’s dismissal plan, please continue to uphold the following dismissal-related procedures:
1. ALL early checkouts at CES stop at 2:45 each day. This means that if you attempt to check out a student between 2:45 and 3:00, you will be directed to get back in the car rider line and we will dismiss your child to you as part of our regular car rider dismissal procedure starting at 2:55. If you need to check your child out of school early for an appointment, please do so no later than 2:45.
2. If your child needs to go home a different way than usual, contact the teacher IN WRITING, either by written note or digitally through Class Dojo or email. If a need arises throughout the day for you to change your student's dismissal plan, call the school office by 2:00. It takes a considerable amount of time to dismiss our entire student body and the last hour of the school day is by far our busiest time. The later we get the information, the greater the likelihood a miscommunication could occur. Again, our students' safety is our #1 priority - please help us by being as prepared as possible.
3. Cars will not be permitted in the left lane until after 2:45 pm in order to provide clear and immediate access to the school for first responders in the event of an emergency. Thank you for your help and understanding in this matter.
4. Change in Release Location: Students will exit through the gym doors in two shifts. Line 1 will be released to the first 8-10 cars. Then, Line 2 will be release to the next 8-10 cars. Several adults will be located between the two lines of cars. Students are asked to walk through the center of traffic so an adult can always have the children in sight. Cars will be dismissed once all students from both lines are safely in cars. We will repeat this process until all students are picked up.
*Parents of younger children: In an effort to expedite dismissal, please help us by teaching your child to buckle themselves into their car seats independently. The disruption to the flow of traffic when parents must get out of their vehicles to secure children in car seats delays our dismissal unnecessarily.
5. Only those with CES issued car rider tags will be permitted to pick up a CES student in the car rider line. If there is no tag, you will be asked to park while we verify your identity as someone who has been identified by the guardian as allowed to pick up their child. If you need a car tag, call the school office. Every student is given 2 free tags per school year. Additional tags can be purchased for $2.00 each. Tags can be reused from school year to school year.