The purpose of Title I, Part A of Public Law 107-110 is to enable schools to provide opportunities for children served to acquire the knowledge and skills contained in the challenging state content standards and to meet the challenging state performance standards developed for all children.
This purpose is accomplished by such efforts as:
- providing an enriched and accelerated educational program;
- promoting schoolwide reform through schoolwide programs or through additional services that increase the amount and quality of instructional time;
- significantly upgrading the quality of instruction by providing staff in participating schools with substantial opportunities for professional development; and
- affording parents meaningful opportunities to participate in the education of their children at home and at school.
A school is classified as a Title I School based on the percentage of students enrolled at the school who receive free or reduced lunches and schools considered highest at-risk. The Title I Schools in the Dickson County School District are:
- Centennial Elementary School
- Charlotte Elementary School
- Dickson Elementary School
- Oakmont Elementary School
- Vanleer Elementary School
- White Bluff Elementary School