- Consulting with parents
- Administrators and other professionals in the community to enhance services for students.
- Identifying the special needs of students and helping to plan their educational program.
- Psychological/Academic Assessment
School Psychologists are part of the school support team. This team may refer a child to a school psychologist for review if the student is having significant difficulty in the classroom or school setting. They may also refer testing for students who are potentially gifted.
Outside agencies, medical professionals, parents, etc. may also refer a child to the school S-Team.
Disability Catergories Include:
Here is the link to the State of Tenneesee, Special Education page with informaton regarding the eligibilities.
- Intellectually Disability
- Multiple Disabilities
- Developmental Delay
- Orthopedic Impairment
- Emotional Disturbance
- Other-Functionally Delayed
- Hearing Impairments
- Other Health Impairment
- Intellectually Gifted
- Specific Learning Disablity
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Speech or Language Impairment
- Visual Impairment