Dickson County Schools' Technology Department aims to prepare students for a technologically driven future by equipping them with the skills and knowledge they need to thrive in the digital world. Three main areas of focus are:
- Supporting Effective Learning:
- Equipping classrooms: Ensuring adequate access to devices, software, and internet connectivity for all students and teachers.
- Promoting innovative teaching: Providing training and resources on using technology to enhance instruction, personalize learning, and engage students.
- Fostering digital literacy: Building skills in information research, online communication, and responsible technology use.
- Facilitating Efficient Operations:
- Maintaining reliable infrastructure: Maintaining the network, devices, and software to ensure consistent and secure access to technology.
- Streamlining administrative processes: Utilizing technology to improve communication, resource management, and data analysis for efficient school operations.
- Strengthening data security: Implementing measures to protect sensitive student and school data.
- Bridging the Digital Divide:
- Promoting equitable access: Addressing any gaps in technology resources and ensuring all students have opportunities to use technology in their learning.
- Providing digital literacy support: Offering resources to families and teachers to bridge the digital divide and maximize technology's benefits.
- Partnering with the community: Collaborating with organizations to provide additional technology resources and support.
In order to best meet the needs of all of our staff, all technology requests should be made by submitting a HelpDesk ticket. Unless priorities, costs, etc. dictate otherwise, these tickets will be worked in the order received.