While the device is in your possession, you agree to the following:
1. Legal title to the property belongs to Dickson County Schools. Your right of possession and use is limited to and conditioned upon your full and complete compliance with this agreement and Dickson County Schools Student Acceptable Use Policy 4.406.
2. You are responsible for the proper use and operation of this device. You must comply with all of the Dickson County Schools Board Policies.
3. If loss or property damage occurs to this device while in your custody or due to misuse, you agree to take care of the financial obligation related to this event. Loss or theft of the property must be reported to the District by the next school day after the occurrence. A police report must also be filed and a copy submitted to the base school office. **See Technology Protection Plan below**
4. You will present this device with its cords and cables for check-in at the end of the school year at your base school if/when checked out for home use.
5. Home use is limited to the DCS Student listed on this form.
6. Device is provided for educational purposes. The parent/guardian will accept full responsibility for the actions of the student using this device.
7. Device is DCS property and is subject to inspection at any time.
8. This form must be completed for each student.
Note: If the cost of repair or replacement for the above item is determined to be the responsibility of the student, Dickson County School System will be reimbursed within thirty (30) days of the reported loss. If not reimbursed, within 30 days, payment details will be arranged with the student's school. Chromebook Screen replacement cost is $30. Touch Chromebook screen replacement is $80. Total Chromebook replacement is $200. Total Touch Chromebook replacement is $280. iPad replacement is $300. iPad screen replacement cost varies.
*Note: If device issued as part of student’s IEP, DCS SPED Department must receive a copy of the Student Portable Device Agreement..
Technology Protection Plan
There are three options you can choose from below.
- If option one is chosen, student must bring their fully charged device to school every day
- If option two is chosen, a one time Technology Protection Plan fee of $40 per device needs to be submitted. The Technology Protection plan provides a ONE TIME replacement of either a charger, a screen or the entire device. **Subject to availability due to current supply chain shortages and delays**
- If option three is chosen, any lost, theft or damage that occurs will be the responsibility of the parent/guardian (per note above).