Registration Information for the Voluntary Pre-K Program
Registration applications for the Voluntary Pre-K Program for the 2020-2021 school year will be available online beginning Wednesday, May 6th, 2020
. Paper packets will also be available (information coming soon), but we strongly urge online registration
if at all possible. More information will be posted here, as well as other places on the Dickson County School's website, social media and various community locations. Please review the documents below needed to enroll your child and have them ready when you begin the registration process. Applications will continue to be accepted at each school throughout the year.
Requirements for the Voluntary Pre-K Program
- Be 4 years of age on or before August 15.
- Live in the zoned area for the school or be able to provide transportation.
- Provide documentation to apply in Tiers I, II, or III. (Please see Tier classification descriptions at the bottom of the page).
- All documentation is due at the time of application (enrollment and Tier).
In addition to documentation for Tier status, parents are asked to provide the following to enroll child in school and complete the application:
- PROOF OF CHILD’S AGE, SUCH AS A BIRTH CERTIFICATE
- TENNESSEE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CERTIFICATE OF IMMUNIZATION/PHYSICAL EXAM FORM
- COMPLETE PHYSICAL EXAMINATION BY SCHOOL ENTRANCE DATE
- THREE PROOFS OF RESIDENCE (proof of home ownership, rental agreement, driver's license, voter registration card, current utility bill, telephone bill, cable bill, etc)
Five elementary schools have Voluntary Pre-K (VPK) classes: Dickson Elementary, Oakmont Elementary, Stuart-Burns Elementary, Vanleer Elementary and White Bluff Elementary. If you are zoned for a school that does not offer VPK, you may apply to one of the schools above and you must be able to provide transportation to and from school. Students are accepted to a Pre-K class according to state requirements for Tier Classification (see bottom of page). Classroom spaces are filled in the order of the Tiers following state guidelines. The Pre-K teachers and principals will decide on the eligibility status of all children and notify parents. Applications will continue to be accepted throughout the school year for all Tiers and applicants may be placed on a waiting list.
If you live in Dickson County and are unsure of the school your child is zoned to attend, you may call Transportation at (615) 740-5970.