The 2023 - 2024 Pre-K Registration window is April 3 - April 21, 2023.
*In person application ONLY from April 3 - April 6, 2023 at school applying
Enrollment Information for the Voluntary Pre-K Program
Applications for the Voluntary Pre-K Program
will be available for submission beginning April 3, 2023! Registration is completed online (please scroll to the bottom of this page for the registration links). To enroll your child, first please review the PreK/Kindergarten Enrollment Playbook
Please review the documents below needed to enroll your child, and have them ready when you begin the enrollment process. Applications will continue to be accepted at each school throughout the year.
Requirements for the Voluntary Pre-K Program
- Be 4 years of age on or before August 15th of the enrolling school year.
- Live in the zoned area for the school or be able to provide transportation.
- Provide documentation to apply in Tiers I, II, or III. (Please see Tier classification descriptions at the bottom of the page).
- All documentation is due at the time of application (enrollment and Tier). *All required documentation must be submitted for the application to be considered complete.
In addition to documentation for Tier status, parents are asked to provide the following to enroll child in school and complete the application:
- PROOF OF CHILD’S AGE, SUCH AS A BIRTH CERTIFICATE
- TENNESSEE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CERTIFICATE OF IMMUNIZATION/PHYSICAL EXAM FORM
- COMPLETE PHYSICAL EXAMINATION BY SCHOOL ENTRANCE DATE
- THREE PROOFS OF RESIDENCE (proof of home ownership, rental agreement, driver's license, voter registration card, current utility bill, telephone bill, cable bill, etc)
- COMPLETED Application for Income Eligibility form *Required for ALL applicants.
VPK Income Eligibility Form.pdf
Five elementary schools have Voluntary Pre-K (VPK) classes: Dickson Elementary, Oakmont Elementary, Stuart-Burns Elementary, Vanleer Elementary and White Bluff Elementary. If you are zoned for a school that does not offer VPK, you may apply to one of the schools above, but must be able to provide transportation to/from school. Students are accepted to a Pre-K class according to state requirements for Tier Classification (see bottom of page). Classroom spaces are filled in the order of the Tiers, following state guidelines. The Pre-K teachers and principals will decide on the eligibility status of all children and notify parents. Applications will continue to be accepted throughout the school year for all Tiers and applicants may be placed on a waiting list.
If you live in Dickson County and are unsure of the school your child is zoned to attend, you may call Dickson County Schools Transportation at (615) 740-5970.